As a solar panel owner, it is important to keep your panels shining bright and functioning properly. By monitoring and maintaining your system regularly, you can avoid potential issues and save money on electricity bills. Here are five DIY tips to help keep your solar panels in top condition.
- Monitor your system’s energy production: Keep an eye on your system’s energy production regularly. A sudden drop in output could indicate a fault with your panels, wiring, or inverter.
- Inspect your panels: Regularly inspect your panels for any signs of damage, such as cracks, chips, or dirt buildup. Clean them gently using water or a soft brush to remove any dirt or debris.
- Reset your system: In case of any faults, perform a system reset by turning off the AC isolator or breaker, followed by the DC isolator. Wait for about 10 minutes before turning the system back on. Follow all shutdown procedures to avoid any potential damage.
- Check the monitoring software: Many solar systems come with monitoring software that allows homeowners to track their system’s energy production. Check it regularly to identify any drops in output and contact professionals if necessary.
- Schedule professional solar diagnostic: Have a professional solar diagnostic process done regularly to ensure your panels and wiring are safe and working efficiently. At CK Electrical, Solar & Air Conditioning, our experts can check your panels and inverter’s warranty, perform safety tests, and test your panels’ voltage and current levels.
By following these tips, homeowners can keep their solar panel systems running efficiently and smoothly for years to come. Don’t hesitate to contact CK Electrical, Solar & Air Conditioning if you notice any issues with your system. Our team of experts is always ready to help you keep your solar system shining bright.